BATCHING and making your own desserts is such a huge money-saver – ice cream, in particular, can be expensive to buy from the shops.
This delicious homemade ice cream recipe is really easy to make and is brilliant to have in the freezer for when you fancy a sweet treat.
Homemade Ice Cream
Prep time: 5 minutes
Setting time: 5 hours
YOU WILL NEED:
- 600ml double cream
- 397g sweetened condensed milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Tip all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Give them a gentle stir with a spoon to start.
- Then with an electric whisk, mix for about 5 minutes, until it thickens up.
- You can add any flavours you like before freezing. I like to add a few raspberries or even some chocolate powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer dish.
- Cover with a lid or cling film, then leave to set for 5 hours.
Ready to freeze: Using an ice-cream scoop, you can place individual scoops on to baking parchment on a baking tray.
Once the individual scoops are frozen, place them in a freezer bag and leave this to freeze for 5 hours or preferably overnight, ready to serve.
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
Source: Read Full Article