- Joaquin Buckley has added another highlight to his ever-growing reel.
- The American finished his Saturday opponent just 18 seconds into the second round, with a two-punch combination.
- Buckley was rewarded with a $50,000 performance bonus – his second bonus check in as many months after scoring a leading Knockout of the Year contender in October.
- The MMA fighter's knockout last month transcended the UFC as the outgoing US President Donald Trump phoned the UFC boss Dana White to talk about it, before Kanye West wrote a song seemingly inspired by the kick.
- Watch Buckley's most recent win below.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Joaquin Buckley scored another highlight-reel finish and has sealed his reputation as one of the UFC's most artistic knockout strikers.
The 26-year-old American advanced his pro MMA record to 12 wins (nine knockouts and three decisions) against three losses Saturday at the behind-closed-doors UFC 255 event inside the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Buckley fought Jordan Wright in a middleweight match, winning via knockout just 18 seconds into the second round.
The victory arrived one month after Buckley returned the likely Knockout of the Year winner when he landed an extraordinary spinning back kick, which KO'd Impa Kasanganay in an instant.
The UFC's official social media channel credited Buckley's October finish as "the most unbelievable KO in UFC history," and it was a move which transcended the sport.
Outgoing President Donald Trump called the UFC boss Dana White to ask him if he'd ever seen anything like it, for example. Meanwhile, the rap megastar Kanye West was inspired to write music because of it.
Now, Buckley's done it all again, scooping a $50,000 performance bonus for his thumping win this weekend.
Buckley showed in the first round how his power could be the difference-maker in the Wright fight, following up with crisp strikes which continually found the target.
In the second round, he hit Wright with a two-punch combo – a left hook almost knocked Wright out, but he then took a follow-up right on his way down to the canvas just for good measure.
It was all over, and another beautiful finish was in the books.
Watch it here if you're in a different region:
Source: Read Full Article