McDonalds announces that they will extend their delivery service
McDonald’s will start to reopen restaurants at some locations this week as it tests out new safety measures for customers to follow. The food giant made the decision to close the restaurants for dine-in and takeaways last month.
With the UK still in a strict lockdown, most restaurants have been forced to close.
However McDonald’s has said that it will be opening some chains for take-away orders only.
It then hopes to open all branches in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland from February 22 onwards.
The news comes after the chain made the decision to close its restaurants last month as the UK entered its third national lockdown.
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
New protective measures will include visors as well as face coverings for staff who work directly with customers.
Paul Pomroy, McDonald’s boss for UK and Ireland, said: “A month ago we made the voluntary decision to temporarily close walk-in takeaway while we reviewed our safety measures to ensure they reflect the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Working closely with third party safety expert NSF International, we identified a small number of changes to further enhance our procedures, and we are currently in the process of rolling these out to restaurants.”
Mr Pomroy added that the safety of the staff were top priority.
Can you recycle toothpaste tubes? [INSIGHT]
Martin Lewis on ‘unfair’ Virgin Media contract [COMMENT]
Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Aldi and M&S unveil Valentine’s Day meal deals [EXPLAINER]
He said: “The wellbeing of our people, as well as our suppliers, couriers and our customers remains our top priority, and we are confident the new processes in place will further enhance our already robust safety measures.”
Other safety measures include regular daily temperature checks for staff as well as smaller teams in its kitchens to enable social distancing.
Protective screens will be put up in its kitchens and service areas as well as hand and bag sanitising stations for partner couriers.
McDonald’s asks every customer entering its restaurants to wear a mask or face covering while picking up orders.
There are also social distancing markers and signage placed throughout the restaurants.
There are other ways to still pick up orders though.
McDonald’s has partnered with Just Eat and Uber Eats to deliver fans their food.
In other Mcdonald’s news, fans will be delighted to know that the chain is bringing back some food items to the menu.
From February 10, customers will be able to pick up six favourites including the return of mozzarella dippers.
The Homestyle Crispy Chicken, Grand Big Mac, Grand Big Mac with Bacon, McFlurry Flake and the McFlurry Raspberry Flake will also be available for fans.
The Homestyle Crispy Chicken is the only new menu on the item, with the others making a return after popular demand.
Mozzarella Sticks with Salsa Dip are returning after fans went wild for the launch a few years ago.
People were delighted with the news and took to Twitter to share how excited they were.
One person wrote: “They bought back the mozzarella dippers at McDonalds…I’m so happy.”
Another said: “Mozzarella dippers are coming back to the menu! Best thing to happen to me all day.”
Source: Read Full Article