Prince Harry got behind the mic with rock legend Jon Bon Jovi to record a new charity single.
The Duke of Sussex is at the famous Abbey Road Studios this morning to help record a new version of Jon's hit single Unbroken, which will be released to raise money for the Invictus Foundation.
Members of the Invictus Games Choir are also on the track.
Shortly after Harry arrived at the London studios in the rain Sussex Royal shared a video of Harry and Jon in a recording booth, with the caption: "I said I'll give it a shot…"
Jon can be heard giving the royal some last minute advice, saying: "Pretend you're singing in your bedroom. That's easy."
However the clip cuts out after the countdown, which means we don't get to hear how Harry sounds.
And of course, a visit to Abbey Road Studios wouldn't be complete without recreating The Beatles' famous crossing photo.
Before they recorded the song Jon and Harry had a quick chat, during which the Duke asked if he had been able to hear the stories of the members of the Invictus choir.
Jon said he had, saying they were "touching".
They also took some time to look around the famous Studio Two, which is considered a "mecca" by many music lovers.
It's where The Beatles recorded the majority of their hits and has also been used by Oasis and Pink Floyd.
Telling Harry about its significance, Jon said: "This is the famous room, this is the Beatles."
Harry also joked that the choir had been "gargling" ready for the big recording moment.
Ahead of Harry's arrival the Invictus Games Foundation Twitter account shared a photo of the choir rehearsing with the music legend yesterday on Twitter.
They wrote: "We’re so excited for today! The @InvictusGChoir and @jonbonjovi were rehearsing & recording all day y’day at @AbbeyRoad studios to re-record Unbroken.
"Later today, our Patron will join to hear their stories & thank Jon for his support for the #InvictusGames Foundation!"
Harry returned to the UK earlier this week for his final engagements before he and wife Meghan Markle quit the Royal Family on March 31.
The Duchess is still in Canada with the couple's son Archie, but is expected to fly to London in the next few days ready for her own final engagements next week.
Meghan – who hasn't attended any official engagements since November last year – will join Harry at the Endeavour Fund Awards on Thursday.
The couple promoted Harry's meeting with Jon on their Sussex Royal Instagram page last week, sharing mocked up screenshots of a text exchange between the pair .
In the jokey conversation, Jon says he doesn't have his band with him in London but has "some back up" that he "thinks will work".
This is how the conversation went…
Jon: "Hey Harry, how's it going?"
Harry: "Hey. I'm good! Just livin' on a prayer… What's up?"
Jon: "I'm in London on 28th of February and have an idea… #Invictus."
Harry: "Nice Is it you and the band?"
Jon: "Just me for now, but don't worry – I've got some back up that I think will work.
Harry: "Ha! Don't expect me to sing… But I'll give it a shot."
Meghan and Harry have a busy few weeks ahead of them with lots of engagements and meetings before they start their new lives in Canada.
On March 6, Harry will join Lewis Hamilton at the official opening of the Silverstone Experience, a brand-new immersive museum that tells the story of the past, present and future of British motor racing.
Meghan will be back out the following day, when the couple attend the Mountbatten Music Festival at the Royal Albert Hall.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's 'Megxit' deal
After weeks of discussions, the Queen and other senior royals have agreed the terms of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry quitting the Royal Family.
The couple plan to move to Canada to start a new life with their son Archie, a decision which has reported "upset" the Monarch.
This is what has been agreed for 'Megxit':
- The couple will officially step back from the roles as senior royals on March 31
- They will close their Buckingham Palace office, with their 15 loyal staff reportedly being axed
- Meghan and Harry will retail their HRH royal titles but will not use them. The same applies to the Duke's military titles
- They will not use the word 'Royal' in their branding, meaning they will have to rebrand their website and drop their trademark application for Sussex Royal
- They will return to the UK "regularly", staying at their Windsor home Frogmore Cottage
- Rather than setting up a foundation as planned, they will create a new non-profit organisation and will continue working with their existing patronages
- There will be review of their new set up after 12 months.
They will watch the Massed Bands of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines perform to raise money for The Royal Marines Charity and CLIC Sargent.
Meghan will also do something to mark International Women's Day on March 8, but details are yet to be announced.
The couple's final announced engagement will be the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on Commonwealth Day – March 9.
It's the first time we will see the couple with other members of the Royal Family – including the Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – since they announced they were stepping down.
Source: Read Full Article