TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the domestic football season on the verge of reaching its conclusion.
The window will open on July 27 and close in October.
Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…
SEAGULLS IN LA LA LAND
Adam Lallana is reportedly having a medical at Brighton today ahead of his move from Liverpool.
The ex-Southampton man is expected to sign a three-year-deal at the Amex.
And he will undergo fitness and physical tests with the Seagulls today, according to the Telegraph.
WHAM BAM THANK YOU JAN
Jan Vertonghen has confirmed he is leaving Tottenham after eight years at the club.
The centre-back did not sign a new deal beyond the end of this season and is said to be keen on a move to Italy or Spain.
Chelsea have been joined by Bayer Leverkusen in the race for Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana.
The German side reportedly had a £20million offer rejected by the Dutch champions which will be a concern for the Blues.
Kepa seems destined to leave Stamford Bridge after Frank Lampard benched him for the final game of the season against Wolves yesterday.
And Onana was one of the men on the West Londoners' list to replace him along with Dean Henderson and Jan Oblak.
GUNNING FOR BLUE
Chelsea are interested in signing £45million-rated former Arsenal midfielder Ismael Bennacer from AC Milan, according to reports.
The Algerian international was on the Gunners’ books between 2015 and 2017 – making just one first-team appearance.
Since departing North London for Empoli, however, the 22-year-old has made quite a name for himself.
His performances in Tuscany earned himself a £14.5million move to AC Milan last summer – where he has put himself back on the radar of Europe’s biggest clubs.
And according to Calciomercato, Chelsea are interested in bringing him back to London – and could offer a cash-plus-player deal to secure their man.
Manchester United are prepared to make a bid for Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes, according to the Express.
The report suggests that boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to add a defender to partner Harry Maguire this summer, and has identified the Brazilian as his target.
Napoli have already made a move for the centre-back, meaning it could complicate proceedings for the Reds.
The report states that Magalhaes has been watched by other Premier League teams, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle United and Wolves.
With Chelsea's bid for Kai Havertz “hotting up”, Aston Villa and West Ham are hoping the trail runs cold for Manchester United targets Jack Grealsih and Declan Rice.
Talks with £72million-rated Bayer Leverkusen attacker Havertz, 22, are said to be advancing well as Frank Lampard looks to add to summer signings Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech.
But after avoiding relegation, Villa chief Dean Smith is hoping to pull off a double by keeping England hopeful Grealish.
The never-relegated manager said: “We’ll go out and get drunk together.
“It will all be sorted over the next month. I’m certainly hopeful (he’ll stay). He’s contracted for another three or four years.”
And West Ham boss David Moyes said of his Three Lions star Rice: “He’s not going anywhere unless you get one of those steel vans that have the cash in it. You better bring one of them!”
Chelsea are being linked with a £27million bid for Getafe left-back Marc Cucurella – a far cheaper alternative to their top target for that position,Leicester's Ben Chilwell.
Getafe only made Cucurella's loan deal from Barcelona permanent last month.
And Leeds' hopes of landing PSG record scorer Edinson Cavani are fading fast as the Uruguay legend is thought to have agreed a deal with Benfica.
Meanwhile, United greats Gary Neville and Roy Keane are urging Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to spend big this summer – despite finishing third in the Prem.
UTD MUST STILL SPLASH OUT
United legends Gary Neville and Roy Keane have urged Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to spend big this summer.
The Red Devils pocketed an extra £80million by securing Champions League football next season.
A nervy 2-0 victory over Leicester ensured the Red Devils finished in third, making a return to Europe's biggest competition.
United have been heavily linked with a £108m move for Jadon Sancho while £70m-rated Jack Grealish and Barcelona wonderkid Ansu Fati are also on the shortlist.
Pedro paid Chelsea an emotional farewell – as Cesc Fabregas took all the credit for bringing him to the club.
The Spanish winger's exit was confirmed after Chelsea beat Wolves 2-0 thanks to goals from Mason Mount and Olivier Giroud.
Pedro, 32, joined Chelsea from Barcelona in 2015 and leaves having added the Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League to his glittering CV.
After the 32-year-old posted an emotional message on social media, ex-Chelsea and Arsenal midfielder Fabregas posted:
“Thank god you listened, trusted me and landed at the right place.”
“What a career you had with the Blues.
BLUES HAV THE HOTS
Chelsea's negotiations with Kai Havertz are “getting hot” after they qualified for the Champions League.
Frank Lampard's men saw off Wolves 2-0 at Stamford Bridge thanks to goals from Mason Mount and Olivier Giroud.
And that assurance is said to have had an impact on talks with Bayer Leverkusen winger Havertz.
Respected German journalist Christian Falk tweeted: “After qualifying for Champions League: it can now go quickly with the deal of @ChelseaFC and
“Leverkusen does not insist on participating of @kaihavertz29 in the Euro League. Now the negotiations are getting hot.”
JACK WOULD COST AN 'AWFUL LOT'
Villa boss Dean Smith said of his creative midfielder Jack Grealish: “I’ve said many times before we have billionaire owners – if people want to come in and get the best player, it’ll cost an awful lot of money.
“Jack’s an Aston Villa fan, he will be immensely proud that he scored the goal that managed to keep us in the Premier League.
“I’ll sit down with the sporting director, the CEO and the owners on Monday. Let’s enjoy this. It’s a magnificent achievement.”
VILLA READY FOR CRUNCH TALKS OVER GREALISH
Dean Smith vowed to go out on the lash with Jack Grealish to toast Aston Villa’s Premier League Great Escape – before sorting out the Manchester United target's future.
The Villa boss will meet club owners on Monday to thrash out the future of their inspirational captain and England hopeful.
Grealish, rated at£70million target for Manchester United, scored in the 1-1 draw at West Ham as they secured their top-flight status.
Smith – who has never been relegated as a manager – said: “We’ll go out and get drunk together.
“I said to Jack he’d come to the party and score. He has been getting better and better. He has come good when he needed to.
“It will all be sorted over the next month. I’m certainly hopeful (he’ll play again). He’s contracted for another three or four years.”
KAI ON BRINK
Chelsea are very close to clinching Kai Havertz's signature from Bayer Leverkusen, reports say.
The Germany attacker, 22, is tipped to arrive for around £72million – after the Blues bought fellow Bundesliga superstar Timo Werner earlier this summer from RB Leipzig
CAVANI 'AGREES BENFICA DEAL'
PSG record scorer Edinson Cavani is reportedly on the verge of snubbing Leeds for Benfica.
Championship winners Leeds have also been linked with fellow strike legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic as they eye experienced signings for their Premier League return.
But it seems Benfica have won the race for Uruguay legend Cavani, 33 – perhaps helped by being in the Champions League next season.
DEC'S-RATED PRICE TAG
David Moyes expects Declan Rice to play for West Ham next season, warning: Only a steel van of cold, hard cash would tempt us.
The Hammers’ owners will have to pay hardball with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United, who are chasing £70m-rated midfielder Rice.
The England star, 21, has been one of the stars of the season as the Hammers secured their Premier League status.
Moyes said: “Declan is under contract.
“He goes on holidays now as far as I know. Hopefully he is selected for England.
“He will be back in pre-season with us in three weeks. That’s as much as I can tell you.
“Rightly so Declan should have attention because he’s such a good player.
“But he’s not going anywhere unless you get one of those steel vans that have the cash in it. You better bring one of them!”
BLUES EYE CUCURELLA
Chelsea are being linked with a £27million bid for Getafe left-back Marc Cucurella.
AS say the Blues have been watching the 22-year-old since March – in case they cannot land their No1 target for that position, Leicester's Ben Chilwell.
Getafe only made Cucurella's loan deal from Barcelona permanent last month.
MATIJA CONFIRMS EXIT
Aston Villa keeper Matija Sarkic has been linked with Wolves after confirming he is leaving on social media.
On Twitter theMontenegro international wrote: “What a journey!
“It’s been a great 5 years at @AVFCOfficial. Full of good memories and experiences.
“Thank you to all my team mates, everyone at the club and all the villains!”
TOON TO TARGET LALIGA ICONS LIKE MESSI
Newcastle's prospective new owners plan to raid LaLiga of their biggest stars – once their takeover is complete.
Reports had claimed the Saudi Public Investment Fund's £300million takeover was taking so long to complete that Mike Ashley could still be at the helm next season.
But a report from respected journalist Ben Jacobs now says the buyers are making plans for who they want to sign.
An incredible XI including Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann was one line up touted as possible.
That now appears to have taken a step closer, according to a report from Jacobs.
He claims to have interviewed a “senior source” at Saudi Media City who said Newcastle had “been purchased”.
And he quotes the source as saying: “The best LaLiga players will be bought, led by Messi.”
CHELSEA VS ARSENAL FOR DOM
Chelsea are rumoured to be joining Arsenal in the battle to sign Red Bull Salzburg star Dominik Szoboszlai.
The Gunners have reportedly been in advanced talks over a deal to bring the 19-year-old to the Emirates.
But it looks like the Blues, and some of Europe’s other football giants, could be about to throw a spanner in the works of Arsenal's efforts sign the Hungarian youngster.
Szoboszlai has been winning plaudits in Austria’s top division following a string of impressive performances this term.
And the Hungary international’s nine goals, which helped fire Salzburg to the Austrian Bundesliga title, has attracted the attention of some of Europe’s biggest clubs.
Atletico Madrid and PSG are among the sides rumoured to be vying for the signature of Szoboszlai, who’s admired for his versatile style of play in midfield.
BARCA COULD OFFLOAD 12 FIRST-TEAMERS
Barcelona will be known as a selling club this summer, according to reports.
No fewer than 12 first team stars have been transfer-listed by the La Liga giants, claim Marca.
And those include Premier League targets Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic and Samuel Umtiti.
Coutinho and Umtiti have both been linked with moves to Arsenal, with the Brazilian also being eyed up by Chelsea.
While Manchester United and Tottenham are said to be in a battle for Rakitic's services.
French World Cup winner Dembele, who has struggled for game time at the Camp Nou, was recently linked with a move to PSG in a swap deal with Neymar.
The other players who are deemed surplus to requirements include Neto, Nelson Semedo, Junior Firpo, Arturo Vidal, Martin Braithwaite, Carles Alena, Rafinha Alcantara, and Jean-Clair Todibo.
MASON'S A BETTER FINISHER
Gary Neville explained why he believes Mason Greenwood has little to fear should Jadon Sancho join United for next season.
The former United and England right-back said: “I think he’s intelligent on the pitch, can do things the other two can’t do.
“He’s a better finisher and I think he’ll end up taking that No 9 spot in the next 12-18months.
“At the moment it fits for him to be on the right-hand side, but if United were to buy a right-sided player – which is what’s been speculated – then I can’t see any way in which Mason Greenwood won’t be in the team if he continues to perform at the level he is now.”
SANCHO WON'T DISPLACE GREENWOOD
United legend Gary Neville says Anthony Martial or Marcus Rashford will have to make way for Jadon Sancho – NOT Mason Greenwood.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continue to be linked with a blockbuster £90million move for the Borussia Dortmund winger, whose favoured position is on the right wing.
Greenwood currently plays on that flank for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and has impressed in a breakthrough campaign that has seem him notch 17 goals.
But although Greenwood, 18, is much younger than Rashford, 22, and 24-year-old Martial, Neville thinks he will keep his place in the starting XI next season should Sancho arrive.
Asked whether comparisons to legends Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs are fair, Neville said: “I think that comparing him to Martial and Rashford is probably more fair.
“Those two have taken a few years to get to the levels they are now producing. Greenwood is doing it in his first season.”
KEPA AXE LOOKS OMINOUS
Kepa Arrizabalaga may have played his final game for Chelsea after he was dropped at home to Wolves today.
Despite the importance of the game, boss Frank Lampard axed- the world's most expensive goalkeeper EVER in favour of Willy Caballero.
As SunSport revealed earlier this week, advanced stats prove Kepa has been among the very stoppers in Europe, despite the club forking out £71.6million on him two years ago.
PARTEY TIME FOR PEREIRA
Arsenal have reportedly identified Porto's Danilo Pereira as an alternative to their main target for the defensive midfield role – Atletico Madrid's Thomas Partey.
Pereira would cost around £20million, probably more thna half Partey's value.
ESPN say the Gunners are ready to meet Pereira's representatives at the end of the season.
Robin van Persie was warned by friends about the weather before his transfer to Manchester United.
The Dutch ace made the switch from Arsenal to Manchester United in the summer of 2012.
Speaking on the UTD Podcast, Van Persie explained how friends tried to change his mind about a move up north by telling him the weather would be bad.
“A lot of people told me – friends in London – they asked why was I going to live in Manchester,” he said.
“It'll be difficult, they said, it's really that bad and always raining – the classic story about Manchester.
“I said: 'Okay, but I want to make the move. I'm doing it.'”
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has spoken of his fear that Chelsea could sign Emiliano Martinez as a replacement for Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Speaking on the Kelly & Wright show, he said: “Well when you go to a No 2, the first thing you do is worry because you think: 'Has he had enough games? Will he be able to deal with the pressure?'
“Obviously there's no fans there but everybody spoke about Emi and how good he is but I didn't realise how good he was because I didn't see enough of him.
“I saw him in some cup games but he's commanding, he makes great saves, he's good on the ground, he's got everything for a No 2.
“The thing that frightens me now with him is that when Bernd Leno does come back and he is fit, why would he want to continue as a No 2 when he's played to this level being a No 1?
“He will surely want to go and be a No 1 now.”
Source: Read Full Article