WWE prepared to cancel WrestleMania if necessary as Stephanie McMahon insists safety is priority amid coronavirus fears – The Sun

WWE are prepared to cancel WrestleMania 36 if necessary as Stephanie McMahon insists safety is priority amid coronavirus fears.

The Grandest Stage of Them All is due to take place on April 5 at at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

Fans from across the world will flock to Florida for Mania' week which will cause safety fears after the deadly outbreak of coronavirus.

So far, more than 80,000 people in almost 50 countries have been infected with coronavirus – with around 2,800 killed.

And according to NBC News, there have been at least 60 confirmed cases of the bug in the US.

WWE brand officer McMahon told Tampa Bay Times they will take the highest safety procedures to protect fans and athletes.

She said: “The health and safety of not only our fan base, but also our superstars, really does come first.

"We don’t want to put anyone in a bad situation ever, regardless of the circumstance. Those are not risks worth taking.”

WWE’s executive vice president of special events John Saboor, added "Given the number of live events that (WWE) does, it’s constantly monitoring global events.

"There are active and ongoing discussions at play internally, like there are in any sector of American business, and certainly families as a whole. So I think those will continue.”

Ring legend Undertaker is expected to face AJ Styles at Mania having made a shock return in Saudi Arabia at Super Showdown.

Taker destroyed Styles with a chokeslam and won the Tuwaiq Mountain Trophy and potentially sets up a rivarly for Mania.

Source: Read Full Article