Lorraine Kelly throws shade at Prince Harry row over Charles funding son in late 30s

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Lorraine Kelly appeared to make a dig at Prince Harry on Thursday as she questioned why a man in his late thirties would expect to still be funded by his dad.

In Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey, the prince mentioned that his dad Prince Charles had cut him off financially, but the claims have now been disputed with a Clarence House report saying that Charles continued to send his 36-year-old son money to live off.

Talking about the latest Royal row developments in her morning show, Lorraine said: "(Apparently) Charles actually did continue to fund him after he stepped down as a senior Royal and to be honest, how long do you keep funding your kids, you know, he's in his late thirties."

Lorraine, who runs a podcast with her own daughter Rosie, also went on to discuss rumours that Harry and Meghan had turned down the title of Earl of Dumbarton for their son Archie because they thought it contained an unfortunate word.


The Scottish TV star said: "I just don't understand this, it's really surreal but it's being claimed that Harry and Meghan rejected the title of Earl of Dumbarton for their son Archie because it contained the word dumb.

"I can't believe that's true, I mean come on, there's dumb and there's dumb and that cannot be right."

Harry had claimed in his explosive Oprah interview that he had been on difficult terms with Charles, saying he had been cut off financially and that his dad wouldn't answer his calls.

But the Prince of Wales' annual financial report from Clarence House has shown that he gave both the Sussex and the Cambridge families a cut of £4.45million after Harry and Meghan stepped down as senior royals in February 2020.


A source told The Sun: “In January 2020 when the Sussexes announced they were going to move away from the working royal family, the Duke said that they would work towards becoming financially independent.

“The Prince of Wales allocated a substantial sum to support them. That funding ceased in the summer of 2020, and the couple are now financially independent."

Source: Read Full Article